Job Title: Coordinator of Volunteer Engagement
Reports to: Director of Partner Engagement
About Building Impact:
Building Impact’s mission is to strengthen communities by providing individuals and companies the knowledge and opportunities to volunteer, donate, and connect in the buildings where they work or live. Building Impact makes giving back convenient by bringing volunteer events and donation drives to participants in office and apartment buildings. In channeling 100% of this volunteerism and giving toward nonprofits and community organizations, service gaps within local communities are filled. Additionally, Building Impact supports its nonprofit and community partners by raising their awareness and understanding of the impact that volunteers can make within their operations enhancing their ability to be a community resource.
Building Impact currently reaches almost 20,000 people at 575 companies spread across 50 buildings in 15 Massachusetts communities. By partnering with building owners and managers, Building Impact mobilizes individuals throughout large properties who were previously difficult to reach and engage. Our work is unique, creating social change and providing needed resources for nonprofits and their worthy clients. As a result, Building Impact actively supports over 100 nonprofit and community organizations that serve children, adults, families, and seniors suffering from or at risk of joblessness, homelessness, educational barriers, and/or food insecurity.
Building Impact Values:
- Demonstrate integrity in all that we do
- Respect others’ time and attention
- Serve our volunteers and clients first
- Trust in teamwork
- Help colleagues on the team when needed
- Ensure Individual Accountability
Position Overview and Scope of Work:
Building Impact reaches small and mid-sized companies and their employees who often want to give back, but lack the resources or knowledge needed to act. The Coordinator of Volunteer Engagement orchestrates Building Impact’s team of frontline community builders. The CVE engages volunteers via in-building volunteer events, volunteer socials, days of service, lobby events and other events out in the community.
Building Impact’s CVE is responsible for program execution aimed at mobilizing the 20,000 volunteers within BI’s network. The incumbent must have a strong leadership, customer service, and/or management background in order to maximize the potential of this pro-bono workforce. Additionally, strong business skills are necessary to optimize program design, program implementation, post-event reporting, and operational efficiency.
- Under guidance of the Director of Partner Engagement, apply an innovative and strategic approach towards the management and engagement of Building Impact’s network of 20,000 volunteers.
- Provide leadership and management to the Building Impact and volunteer workforce to best serve our corporate and nonprofit partners.
- Work closely with the other Coordinator for Volunteer Engagement to build and maintain relationships with Building Impact’s multiple stakeholders which includes “Building Impact Ambassadors” at tenant companies, volunteers, and nonprofit partners.
- Facilitate volunteer activities to ensure consistent participation throughout Building Impact’s entire portfolio of real estate and corporate partners.
- Facilitate a streamlined model of program execution that ensures consistency and participant satisfaction.
- Research and develop engaging, hands-on volunteer activities that are appropriate for in-office/Volunteer Social settings.
- Manage event supplies, including ordering materials when needed and tracking current inventory.
- Assist in the planning/facilitation of large-scale volunteer engagement events.
- Capture data for corporate partners showing the impact of each volunteer event. This includes creating useful media material that companies can share in their social responsibility and annual reports.
- Produce text and capture live images for immediate distribution via newsletters, social media and general distribution.
- Manage all aspects of Salesforce data collection including volunteer and event participation entries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
- Passion for Building Impact’s mission of civic engagement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism at all times across a variety of business sectors
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and manage time well Strong attention to detail a must
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Self-motivated with strong presentation skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit while maintaining the ability to work as part of a team
- Comfort with ambiguity and problem solving
- Ability to think outside the box
- Experience and interest in event planning and engaging individuals and teams
- Capacity to develop and implement new concepts and strategies
- Able to recognize and successfully navigate the office dynamics of our clients and stakeholders (Political Savvy)
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office systems and Google Docs
- Comfort with technology, and working knowledge of Salesforce a plus (or equivalent database)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends, in order to meet the needs of the organization
- Ability to handle moderate to heavy lifting when needed
To apply please email cover letter and resume to the Director of Partner Engagement, Shanna Reeb, at email@example.com. Please include the following in the subject line: “First and Last Name: Coordinator of Volunteer Engagement Position”. No phone calls please.