Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: CEO
About Building Impact
Building Impact is transforming the boundaries for companies, nonprofits and universities in solving complex social issues. Building Impact’s mission is to strengthen communities by providing individuals and companies with the knowledge and opportunity to volunteer, donate, and connect with leading nonprofits in the community from the buildings where they live, work or study.
The Operations Manager is a hands-on role that will define the process and implement the systems and brand development needed to support current programming and future growth of Building Impact. The Operations Manager will manage and oversee the business development, brand development and daily operations of Building Impact. Key responsibilities include development and implementation of a scalable business model including proposal development and pipeline management, brand building through the Building Impact website, budget accountability, and analytics/reporting for the organization. The Operations Manager will report directly to the Building Impact CEO and will work closely with the Building Impact Team. Position is full-time and offers competitive employee benefits.
- Partner with the CEO of Building Impact to develop a sustainable business model and scalable delivery model that allows Building Impact to meet its social impact and financial objectives, including setting the annual budget.
- Build organizational marketing materials and brand development that strategically positions Building Impact as a leader in NonProfit Volunteer Opportunities and Corporate Social Responsibility in Boston
- Work with Building Impact Director of Partner Engagement to define customer prospects (Property Managers in Key Buildings, and Company CSR/Office Managers), and to develop a pipeline of opportunities
- Lead business development activities to market to new building & company contracts: including following up with new prospects, developing proposals & pricing to ensure that Building Impact achieves its financial objectives
- Manage Building Impact Budget for the financial reporting and social impact reporting associated with the Building Impact.
- Work with Executive Director and the Board on capital purchase decisions; maintain capital purchase schedules and reports, including:
o Oversee IT hardware, software, cyber security, and maintenance, and provision of technical assistance to staff
o Review and approve contracts with outside vendors
o Oversee and coordinate general administrative office operations and purchase of office supplies and equipment
- Support and lead special projects for Building Impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and general knowledge of CRM databases)
- Data analytics skills
- Brand-building and relationship management skills
- Experienced project manager
- Experience in writing proposals and contracts
- Background in social impact/nonprofit experience a plus
In addition to a genuine curiosity about, and affinity for the mission of Building Impact, the qualified candidate must be:
- Self-motivated, a hands-on operations manager with integrity and desire to work in a dynamic and mission-driven environment
- A persuasive communicator who leads by example and can work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse constituency
- Able to foster teamwork through strong interpersonal skills in a in a fast-paced environment and deadline-driven situations
- Exceptionally organized, with the ability to plan, set achievable goals and follow-through effectively
Building Impact seeks to enhance its community of intellectually, culturally, and socially diverse individuals to enrich the volunteer experience of our partners. Applicants from a multicultural background, are bilingual, and/or who have relevant life experience are encouraged to apply.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Qualified candidates should send resume with cover letter to email@example.com