Story Time Volunteer – Powisset Farm
Story time is an enjoyable social and educational activity that encourages interaction and listening skills for children of all ages through sharing stories. The sessions contribute to social and language development in children of all ages and promote reading as enjoyable and fun. The role may be shared by more than one volunteer.
* Prepare and run a regular Story Time session with The Trustees staff guidance
* Welcome children and their parents/guardians as they arrive
* Introduce new people to the group.
* Encourage and support children and their parents/guardians to participate in the sessions
* Help answer question about the farm
* Assist with keeping the Story Time area neat
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* Have reliable transportation to the Farm
* Enjoy working with children and their parents/guardians
* Have excellent communication skills
* Have a patient and sympathetic attitude
* Are confident in leading story telling sessions amongst groups of children and their parents/guardians
* Are reliable and able to commit to weekly sessions
* Sit for upwards of an hour
* Able to speak clearly for upwards of an hour
Story Time runs every Thursday from 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. June 29 through August 31. Volunteers should plan on arriving at 9:30 a.m. to set-up, and should be done by 11:30 a.m. after cleaning up.
Volunteers will arrange their schedule with the Engagement Site Manager.