If you love being outdoors, we could use some extra hands to help us harvest crops. We are currently looking for a few enthusiastic people who share our love of Weir River Farm to assist us on Tuesday and/or Friday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. to 4 p.m., between July and October. No prior experience required.
* Safely and properly harvest vegetables
* Maintain communication with the farm staff
* Log volunteer hours
* Able to work efficiently with your hands
* Able to use hand tools safely and to follow instructions
* Able to visually differentiate between ready/ripe crops and unready/undersized crops
* Able to work in a team and/or independently
* Able to lift and carry up to 50lb frequently
* Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear to work outside in all weather
* Able to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces, as well as physically able to lift and bend
3 hours a week on Tuesday and/or Friday afternoons, early July through October. Prefer multi week commitment, but will consider one time option as well.
The Yellow House at 140 Turkey Hill Lane, Hingham, MA 02043
- Get Involved