Help students in JVS’s Adult Diploma Program prepare for and write science research papers on a deadly disease. Tutoring takes place during science class on Mondays and Wednesdays 12:30-3:00. Volunteer must commit to both days each week to provide consistency to the teacher and students.
- Must be able to attend both classes each week
- Confidence with standard grammar rules
- Strong online research techniques
- Knowledge of MLA format
- Basic understanding of diseases such as heart disease, AIDS and cancer
- Some tutoring experience preferred
The first few weeks will involve learning in class with the students and participating in discussions to understand the topics and requirements of the paper. Students will start writing in mid-June.
Learn more about JVS
JVS Boston’s mission is: Empowering individuals from diverse communities to find employment and build careers, while partnering with employers to hire, develop, and retain productive workforces.