At East End House, we strive to provide engaging, hands-on, and fun learning experiences for our youngest learners! Childcare volunteers assist staff members taking children on walks and to the playgrounds in nice weather, helping set up meals and snacks, reading to kids, and playing with them in small groups. Young children benefit greatly from one-on-one interactions from a caring adult, and volunteers engage with young children and support their development in interpersonal skills, literacy, and vocabulary.
We are looking for engaged volunteers that can commit to a regular volunteer schedule. Volunteer times are Monday through friday from 9am-12pm or 3:30-5:30pm, with customizable schedules within that timeframes as is convenient for you.
- Volunteer orientation and training provided
- Gain valuable experience teaching and working with youth
- Help to address the achievement and experience gaps that low-income children face
- Make a real difference in the life of a child
- Have lots of fun with adorable little kids!