Show your community engagement by providing volunteering and networking opportunities to your tenants!
Volunteer Socials simply need a few items from your end. Building Impact requests tables and chairs so that participants can feel comfortable enough to sit or stand while volunteering. If requested, Building Impact can bring beverages and snacks. Property Managers may also provide their own refreshments depending on the availability of a cafeteria nearby or any already planned event logistics.
A volunteer social is an opportunity to provide a 1-2 hour long opportunity for tenants to get to know Building Impact and some of our local nonprofit partners. Building Impact will feature one to two nonprofit partners who are in need of some type of volunteer assistance while providing small, hands-on volunteer activities for all participants. Examples of volunteer activities include making holiday cards for seniors, envelopes for youth and more. In addition to volunteer activities, Building Impact Volunteer Socials provide participants with the opportunity to network and learn more about ways to support important community organizations.
What is the Property Manager’s role?
- Provide lobby space or a conference area for the volunteer activities during the designated time
- Building Impact will handle all event logistics and clean-up
- Email tenants leading up to the event to remind them to participate in our Volunteer Social
- Provide tables and chairs
- (Optional) Donate beverages or snacks in the form of items such as cookies or hot chocolate as an incentive to volunteer and attend the event